For the AFL grand final in 2022, the Australian Football League chose Brendan Hosking to serve as an umpire for the game.
It was in the Essendon District Football League that he made his debut as an umpire in the year 2003. After that, he worked as an umpire for the grand finals of the TAC Cup in 2010 and the VFL in 2011. In the third round of the 2012 AFL season, he refereed his first game, which was against Greater Western Sydney and West Coast.
The Australian Football League (AFL) has announced the members of the umpiring panel who will be present during Saturday’s match between the Geelong Cats and the Sydney Swans at the MCG Toyota AFL Grand Final. Matt Stevic, Brendan Hosking, and Simon Meredith have been selected to serve as field umpires, and Hayden Gavine has been assigned as the emergency replacement.
A Few Quick Points Regarding Brendan Hosking
|AFLUA Heritage Number||425|
|Commenced umpiring career with||Essendon District Football League|
|1st AFL Match||2012, Round 3, GWS v West Coast Eagles|
Also read: Meet Nick Arbuckle Wife Zakiyyah: How Many Kids Does The Canadian Football League QB Have?
Who Is Brendan Hosking, the Umpire for the AFL?
Field umpire Brendan Hosking will preside over his first ever grand final after being selected to officiate the season finale alongside the seasoned Matt Stevic and Simon Meredith.
Since 2012, Hosking has officiated a total of 210 games, including five championship matches. According to Dan Richardson, the Head of Umpiring for the AFL, Brendan has done a fantastic job throughout the 2022 season, which is why he has been given the distinction of officiating the Toyota AFL Grand Final. This accolade is totally and thoroughly justified.
The Australian Football League (AFL) is the highest level of competition in Australian rules football and the only league that is completely professional. Through its AFL Commission, the Australian Football League (AFL) serves as the sport’s governing body and is responsible for ensuring compliance with the game’s regulations. In the beginning, it was known as the Victorian Football League (VFL),
In 1896, a separate league from the Victorian Football Association (VFA) was founded, and the following year marked the beginning of the first season. The league’s name at the time of its founding was the Victorian Football League.
Brendan Hosking Made His Debut in the Grand Final; Here Are 5 Facts About Him
1. Brendan Hosking began his career as an umpire in the Essendon District Football League in 2003. Since then, he has worked his way up to the AFL squad and made his debut as a senior player in Round 3 of the 2012 season. He refereed his 200th game in July, which took place at Marvel Stadium and included a match between Carlton and St. Kilda.
2. Brendan Hosking, who will be making his first appearance in a grand final, was selected to officiate the championship game of the season with the seasoned Matt Stevic and Simon Meredith.
3. The umpiring cost can be anywhere from $25 for a game that is 48 minutes or under to $130 for a Senior Field Umpire in the state of Queensland. And when you consider that an AFL umpire may make up to $90,000 per year, and that the same amount might be Brendan’s salary in 2022, you can see how much money is at stake here.
Matthew Dervan, Ben Macdonald, Matt Stevic, Christopher Gordon, Brendan Hosking, Simon Meredith, Matthew Konetschka, Michael Marantelli, and Sam Walsh will serve as the umpires for the AFL Grand Final in 2022.
Matthew Dervan, Ben Macdonald, Matt Stevic, Christopher Gordon, Brendan Hosking, Simon Meredith, Matthew Konetschka, Michael Marantelli, and Sam Walsh will serve as the umpires for the AFL Grand Final in 2022. (Image courtesy of foxsports)
4. Best wishes to the umpires who have been chosen for the 2022 Toyota AFL Grand Final, especially Brendan. They are the greatest in the industry, and they have every right to receive this prize. According to Mr. Jennings, who is the head coach of the AFL Umpires, “He hopes that they have an outstanding performance on Saturday.”
5. Today marks the beginning of AFL Umpires Simon Meredith, Nick Liparota, Brendan Hosking, and Adam Wojcik’s tour of the Gold Coast, Northern Rivers, Sunshine Coast, and Wide Bay as part of the AFL Umpire Roadshow. The group participated in a wide range of activities pertaining to umpiring, such as training sessions, workshops, and an actual umpiring course.
Reade More: Has Milinkovic Savic Been Taken Into Arrest? Premier League Footballer Charges At Barnet London